With more than 160 million users on its platform, LinkedIn is a strategic digital platform to connect with top decision players in your industry. A newer addition to LinkedIn, the “Company Page,” allows you to add your company to the professional networking site and stay on top of industry news. The Company Page allows you to establish strong social relationship with other companies, and gives you the capabilities to connect with the movers and shakers in your industry to drive your business objectives.
What is the best way to use the Company Pages to grow your business?
HootSuite University hosted Mike Grishaver and Andrew Kaplan from LinkedIn with best practices on how to grow your business using LinkedIn’s Company Pages in their presentation, “Relationships that Drive Results: 5 Key Steps to Engaging Followers on LinkedIn.”
Use LinkedIn Company Pages to
- Optimize and drive traffic to your page
- Effectively communicate and amplify your business
- Update your status using strong content
HootSuite even allows you to add your Company Page their site, providing greater control of all your digital efforts. Do not hesistate to take advantage of the LinkedIn’s Company Page and HootSuite’s services to connect with top professionals and grow your business.
LinkedIn audience characteristics
- Largest professional community
- Highly educated, well-paid, high purchasing power
- Social, yet business oriented
- Great lead generation
- Consumers are in complete control online
- Build interest: Give members exactly what they want, relevant content
- Target followers: How can you make members even better professionals?
- Connect using similarities, provide industry trends, leverage audience
5 Step Approach
1. Establish company presence
- Write your story
- Fill in all your pages’ fields
- Strong description: Lead with unique content
- Recruit co-workers to help: Crowd-source!
- Fill in product & services page
Best practices: Customize content for each audience
2. Attract followers to your page
- Ask people on your personal page to join your Company Page
- Add a “follow” button on your site
- Announce your Company Page in a newsletter
- Create reasons for people to follow YOU
- Join Company Groups similar to yours & interact: Become an influencer
3. Engage followers
- Message followers with great content
- Status update interaction; keep brief, but get point across
- Target your status updates on LinkedIn
4. Amplify users: Make your followers brand advocates
- Ask your follows to like, share, and comment on your content
- More follows =’s more followers … Social proof!
- Use this
Best practices: Call-to-action, link to lists, product recommendations, videos, ask questions
5. Measure & refine approach
- Set goals & track progress
- LinkedIn provides statistic tracking on Company Page: Look at these and track growth
- Optimize page to generate more leads
- Generate meaningful content with relevant conversation
Content creation tips, master these
- Unique content: Blog posts, videos, webinars, white papers
- Linked content: Industry news, expert research, news coverage
- Sourced content: Educational posts by guests, polls, testimonials
The Company Pages on LinkedIn help grow your business, if used wisely! Add your company to LinkedIn’s Company Page, join the largest professional network, and start engaging with key players in your field.