What did the #NIM audience take away from this Newport Interactive Marketers session?
- Targeted messaging
- Social circles and hangouts
- Makes online life more “real” via sharing abilities
Tips for Google+
- Categorize your circles
- Use Google+ circles to target specific people and avoid over-posting
- Follow back every follower and then reassign to relevant circles
- Google hangouts a great connect face-to-face
- Look for people who are following thought-leaders
- For now, it’s best for marketers
- Will not kill off Facebook
- Will Google+ outrank other social mentions in search engine results?
- Google says no, NIM attendees say yes
Interact on Google+ and Twitter
- Tune your voice to fit various social media platforms
- Matt’s take on finding your social media voice
The NIM group had varied opinions on the relevance of both of these platforms for their individual campaigns. Try them out and see what works the best with your audiences. Then cater your voice to effectively reach out to your intended audiences.
Looking forward to more #NIM conversations!