Suzanne McDonald, President, Content & Social Strategist
Suzanne applies 15 years of daily newspaper experience to the evolving world of new media. In addition to serving Designated Editor clients, Suzanne teaches at Framingham State University, the University of Rhode Island, and leads Newport Interactive Marketers.
Launched in 2008, Designated Editor specializes in Content, Search Marketing, and Social Media, integrating targeted messaging and usability across the new media spectrum.
Developed and teach Framingham State University’s inaugural Event Planning & New Media course with heavy emphasis on social media, networking, branding, audience motivators. Full course of 30 upper-level communications, nutrition, and related majors. Coursework includes ideating fund-raising concepts and developing full-scale event plans for existing nonprofits who are interested adding a new event.
Suzanne’s accomplishments include
- Developed the curriculum for and teaches Event Planning & Social Media at Framingham State University
- Designed the curriculum for and teaches Social Media Strategies at the University of Rhode Island
- Founded Newport Interactive Marketers’ networking & learning in Rhode Island
- Co-founded WordPress Providence Meetup for developers, bloggers & beyond
- Edited, designed, and managed The Boston Globe’s Calendar section
- Tested and implemented numerous platforms to create Boston.com’s interactive events
- Page 1 Editor at The Patriot Ledger, edited and designed 3 front pages daily
- Master’s in Mass Communications & Journalism from the University of South Carolina
- In-depth environmental and community reporter for award-winning Cape newspapers
- Editor-in-Chief of campus weekly newspaper, managed staff of 40 unpaid students
- Supplemental fun: traveling & writing, running, sailing, wine & Wired magazine