Suzanne McDonald, President, Content & Social Strategist
Suzanne McDonald, a revolutionary in New Media, started her company, Designated Editor, with the express purpose of educating clients on all relevant aspects of New Media, affordably, thoroughly, and cohesively. We also identify your optimal New Media channels for ROI, which may include Google+, Twitter, WordPress, blogger outreach/strategy, fully integrated marketing, and face-to-face events/networking.
McDonald has become the leading purveyor of New Media expertise in New England. McDonald’s “techie” forum, in Newport Rhode Island, reaches nearly 1,000 business leaders. Her business has doubled each year since she began.
Launched in 2008, Designated Editor specializes in Content, Search Marketing, and Social Media, integrating targeted messaging and usability across the new media spectrum.
Designated Editor has earned numerous awards including Innovator of the Year, Microbusiness of the Year, and Executive of the Year. Most recently, our work with the TickSmart Social Media Team won the Viral Video Strategic Video Award for “Ticknado.” Read more about Designated Editor’s awards.
Suzanne applies 15 years of daily newspaper experience to the evolving world of new media.
Suzanne’s accomplishments include
- Numerous awards: 2014 American Business Awards Upstart of the Year, Stevie’s Executive of the Year & Innovator, Strategic Video Awards Best Viral Video
- Bechmarking, marketing plan, syllabi & curriculum development for URI’s social media certificate
- Devised and lead URI’s innovative Social Media SWAT team, renamed TickSmart Social Media Team
- Developed the curriculum for and teaches Event Planning & Social Media at Framingham State University
- Designed the curriculum for and teaches Social Media Strategies at the University of Rhode Island
- Founded Newport Interactive Marketers’ networking & learning in Rhode Island
- Co-founded WordPress Providence Meetup for developers, bloggers & beyond
- Edited, designed, and managed The Boston Globe’s Calendar section
- Tested and implemented numerous platforms for Boston.com’s interactive events
- Page 1 Editor at The Patriot Ledger, edited and designed 3 front pages daily
- Master’s in Mass Communications & Journalism from the University of South Carolina
- In-depth environmental and community reporter for award-winning Cape newspapers
- Editor-in-Chief of campus weekly newspaper, managed staff of 40 unpaid students
- Supplemental fun: traveling & writing, running, sailing, wine & Wired magazine