Secrets to a Successful Transition with Designated Editor’s founder & CEO Suzanne McDonald featured on WebmasterRadio.FM’s CEO Coach with Gillian Muessig
At the 2012 SES New York (Search Engine Strategies) conference, Suzanne wanted to thank Gillian for the valuable advice she shares each week on her WebmasterRadio.FM show “CEO Coach.” Sometimes Gillian takes on the mike solo to discuss how to pitch investors (all the way down to the nitty-gritty of what to wear and how women need to be aware of their tone and pitch).
Other weeks, Gillian interviews CEOs from other companies to uncover how they launched and why they’re successful.
Gillian told Suzanne: “I promised myself that when my company was successful, I would give back and share what I know to help others.”
And that she does, asking questions, pointing out how you can replicate what Designated Editor has done to become an established and successful company.
How does Suzanne keep up with everything clients need to know to leverage the web & social media?
Conferences, blogs & many, many podcasts.
But not all podcasts are worthwhile in today’s time-starved society. If you follow Suzanne on Twitter, you may already know about her favorite podcasts:
- CEO Coach with Gillian Muessig of SEOmoz
- Landing Page Optimization with Tim Ash of SiteTuners
- Ideasicle podcast with Will Burns, who’s worked with Arnold Worldwide, CVS, and more
For followers who aren’t familiar with SEOmoz, CEO and co-founder Rand Fishkin is arguably the most recognized and respected authority in the industry.
Launched in 2004, SEOmoz initially offered SEO consulting to businesses. An entrepreneur and business owner since 1981, Gillian recognized the future of marketing was on the web. And her son, Rand Fishkin is its leading technologist. In layman’s terms: SEOmoz offers tools to get to the top of Google.
SEOmoz now focuses exclusively on creating SEO software and tools that anyone can use to help navigate the wily world of search marketing. There’s a freemium model as well as a pro plan.
Now founding CEO, Gillian speaks around the world and hosts CEO Coach, giving back to Suzanne and so many listeners, each week. Thanks for all your hard work and enthusiasm, Gillian!
Designated Editor founder Suzanne McDonald offered these key takeaways in her ‘CEO Coach’ interview
- Don’t forget online and offline interactions are intertwined: Social media only goes so far.
- Conferences and networking events are ideal ways to grow your network and your knowledge base.
- Websites age in dog years; it’s not long until visitors think your site was developed by a Nigerian prince.
- Set goals and try not to get frustrated if things take longer than you’d like.
- It doesn’t mean your efforts aren’t working, everything takes time, especially in this economy.
- Social media is about people: You have to offer them value and a reason to care about you.
For more tips and how to actually get it all done, sign up for Designated Editor’s newsletter.